Monday, October 25, 2010

Can you Really Be a" Duo" in the Industry? Hair & Mak-up

Hello Everyone,

My, Name is Nina Akpan. I am I Freelance Makeup & Hair Artist. I have been getting inquiries from Agencies wanting me to sign with them, but when I tell them I am a Hair & Make-up Artist OR Make-up and Hair Artist, They tell me to Pick one and that I CAN'T truly be passionate about BOTH!
REALLY........?! ( people who know me, can hear me saying it.Lol)

Hair & Makeup by Nina Akpan

Of course I haven't signed with anyone yet because I feel as a True Artist who has been in the industry for over 18 years, you really can be passionate about more than one thing.

Industry People... Hair Artist, MUA's, Fashion Stylist, Photographers, I would love to get your opinion on this topic. I can't wait to hear your opinion.

Until next time....
Smooches

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally disagree with the statement "You can't do both choose one." I heard someone say " Thinking you can't wear silver and together is closed minded''. I feel the same way about hair and makeup thinking that I can't do both is being closed minded. I do both hair and makeup and I am passionate about both no one can change that or force me to conform to their thinking. I'm gifted, am I supposed to suppress my talent to fit in? I think it'd a double standard, what about the music artist who act, actors who sing, or athletes who not only play but brand themselves. I think I'll continue to purse what I love. I AM ME! and I absolutely love what I do. -HS/MUA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that you do should not have to pick between the two or more talents that you have. The beauty industry is a full circle....so I feel that you are more valuable if you are a double..triple..or quandriple threat.... We as humans don't just walk.. we walk, talk, & do hundreds of other things...so why choose ? Besides, who would'nt want their name by everything ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that is a bunch of garbage. It's believed by a lot of people, that in order to do something to it's fullest, you have to dedicate yourself to it whole heartedly. The thing is, if you're really goood at both, why not do both? We live in a society that prefers labels, and ONE label if you can be so kind as to make it easy on their one dementional minds. Stay true to you and use as many talents as you can. It's been working so far and you're happy. The worst that could happen is that you'll have to become your own power house. But then...people will be signing with you.

    ReplyDelete